Easy and cheap to make, but never does fail to impress.
- 220g butter/margarine
- 220g sugar
- 4 eggs
- 250g plain flour
- 3 tbsp of milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp lemon zest or lemon juice
- Pre-heat oven on 180 degrees.
- Beat butter/margarine with sugar.
- Add 4 eggs, flour, milk, baking powder, vanilla and beat the mix with the hand mixer.
- Add lemon zest or lemon juice. Mix it again.
- Lay baking paper in the baking dish, and add mix.
- Bake it for 45-50min.
Do not leave cake baking on a high heat as it will burn the top before cake has been baked.