The reason why I wanted to share this recipe is for you to see how easy is to make a cheesecake: I broke down steps of the baking process in the most time-consuming way possible.
As you can see, the ingredients are very basic and easy to be bought in any supermarket.
I made this cheesecake so many times – I tried different variation and after many tests I found this particular recipe to be the best one. Other thought so too.
This was always a winner at my work charity Cake Sales. Have fun!
INGREDIENTS FOR THE BISCUIT BASE
- 80g butter melted
- 200g digestive biscuits
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CHEESECAKE FILLING
- 900g of soft cheese
- 200g caster sugar
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- finely grated zest of ½ lemon
- 3 large eggs
- 200g of blueberries
- Crush biscuits for the base: I add biscuits in a big bowl and using a heavy glass and I crush biscuits to crumbles.
- I melt butter in the bowl in microwave for 1min.
- I mix butter and biscuits.
- Lay baking paper in the baking dish.
- Move biscuits mix into the baking dish and even all to one level with the glass.
- Pre-heat oven on a medium heat 180 degrees.
- Add soft cheese, sugar, flour, vanilla extract, grated zest of lemon and eggs into a bowl and using hand-mixer beat all ingredients until mix is smooth and lump-free.
- Add blueberries – these cannot be beaten with hand-mixer but it will melt/turn into a gem during baking process.
- Add cheesecake filling mix on a top of the biscuit base.
- Bake cheesecake for 45-50min. I check cheesecake after 35min and then 10-15min afterwards. I use toothpick to check if cheesecake is done – simply stick toothpick in filling and see if it comes out clean (that means it is done) if not, bake it for a bit longer.
- Once it has been done, leave it to cool it down. TIP – for a quick cool-down you can leave cooled down cheesecake in the freezer for 20-30min.
I hope your tummy will enjoy it.
With Love, Gitana