Have you been dreaming to make heavenly-tasting pretty cupcakes? Did you have much luck with it?
Well, the secret to these amazing cupcakes I keep referring to, is a frosting. Not a base but frosting. It is because to make a base is a pretty much basic baking job: mix this and that, put in the oven, 15-20min later and cupcakes base is ready.
There is so much more work and skill that needs to go into making beautiful frosting crowns for the cupcakes.
Why cupcakes? Well, we just love these tiny cakes with pretty crowns that make our jaws drop.
I don’t like word ‘complicated’. So, when I struggled with all this technicality of making perfect buttercream frosting for my cupcakes, I tried to simplify and make easy-to-follow steps to reach your dream to becoming Cupcakes Queen.
You need 3 simple ingredients:
• 140g butter
• 280g icing sugar
• 5-7 tablespoon milk
1. Add butter and icing sugar in the bowl.
2. Add 2-3 tablespoons of milk and start beating mixture with the hand-mixer.
3. Add extra few spoons of milk and continue beating the mixture until smooth and creamy.
4. Keep an eye on the mixture and add a bit extra milk if needed but do not over-do it.
5. Cut the end of piping bag and add chosen piping nozzle
6. Get a tall glass/small vase/or tall mug to put your bag in.
7. Fill bag with the frosting mixture
8. Start piping frosting on your cupcakes.
TIP: MAKE SURE YOUR CUPCAKES BASES ARE COOLED DOWN BEFORE START PIPPING BUTTERCREAM FROSTING OR YOUR FROSTING WILL BECOME MELTED NIGHTMARE.
Now – was it this as hard as you thought? I would love to hear from you.
With Love, Gitana