- 100g butter
- 150g good plain dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon strong instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100g caster sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- icing sugar for decorating
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites (beat all 4 eggs into a bowl, then gently scoop it out egg yolks with the tablespoon and place it in separate bowl).
- Beat egg yolks, and whisk egg whites with electric hand mixer until fluffy and light.
- Boil water in the kettle and pour it the saucepan and keep it over medium heat.
- Put chocolate and butter into heatproof bowl and place it over the saucepan (make sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water).
- Stir melted chocolate and butter until smooth mix, then add coffee, vanilla extract, sugar, beaten egg yolks. Continue stirring.
- Add spoon by spoon whisked egg whites. Use electric mixer to evenly incorporate egg whites and smooth the mixture.
- Preheat oven: put the oven to 180 degrees.
- Cut a piece of baking paper big enough to cover the entire baking tin right upto the top.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and evenly spread all over the baking paper.
- Bake it for 35min – brownie mixture will be spongy and puffy while baking.
- Take tin out of the oven and leave it to cool (as soon as you will remove baked brownies out of the oven it will loose the body by half of the size). Remove baking paper with brownies out of the tin for a faster cooling.
- Decorate with sugar powder and cut in even pieces.
With Love, Gitana