Despite the fact that I have only managed to read only 20 pages of ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ book, I really enjoyed the movie. I thought it was tasteful, romantic and in some ways inspirational. It is, indeed, a movie about the relationship. Below is the list the lessons that every couple can learn from the movie:
- SET YOUR OWN RULES: BDSM does not work for every couple. So does many other things. Therefore, you should set your own rules: I know a couple who have been together for almost 20 years, they have a child but they have never lived together. But that sort of lifestyle does work for them and continue being together.
- MAKING YOUR OWN DECISIONS: One of the reasons Christian and Anna kept his thirst for BDSM secret from their families and friends, was because they both knew they would face judgement and misunderstanding. They both knew that Christian’s lifestyle and Anna’s involvement in it would not be supported by their close ones. Other people or couples will judge others and there will always be those who will tell you reasons of why you should not be with this person. You should decide what makes you happy (as long as no real harm involved).
- BE YOURSELF:Christian Grey was honest about his ‘needs’ – he wanted to show his Red Room to Anna, and the lifestyle of BDSM. While Anna was curious to get to know what makes Christian tick, she wanted more traditional relationship: a movie night, dinner out, kisses and cuddles. Both were honest what they wanted and both were trying to find a ‘happy middle’.
- HAPPY RELATIONSHIP IS TWO WAY STREET:Anna was willing to learn to be part of Grey’s secret world, but she was honest with Grey what would make her happy too. Anna and Grey felt for each other and in order to stay together they had to become a part of the other’s world while staying true to themselves. You should too try to embrace your loved one’s world and lifestyle but also to stay true to your own wishes. It is normal to want to make your loved one happy but you have also want to be happy yourself. The relationship will struggle if one of you is unhappy.
- KEEP LOOKING FOR WAYS TO KEEP A SPARK:Whether it would be a tie or spanking or cooked a candlelight dinner, you should look for a ways to keep an excitement going in your relationship.
The moral of the movie and this article I suppose is Honesty: be honest with yourself and others. It should make life less complicated. Sometimes.
With Love, Gitana